Sunday, May 3, 2009

Brooke and I are now doing some great runs together. We started the Dirty Half training runs last Sunday (April 26) with a 7 mile run - the farthest she has run. She did fine. Yesterday (May 2) we did the Salmon Run (10k) together. Brooke's friend, Zoe, ran too. I was pleased to hear Brooke say how much fun the race was. Today we did the second training run, 9 miles, in the SNOW! Here it is May 3 and it snowed up on Phil's Trail. It was beautiful though. The miles floated easily by and we ended right on 1 hr 30 minutes. The trail was moist, the air still and silent. I loved feeling the tiny flakes of snow hit my face. One of the best runs I've been on. The gunk from the allergies cleared from my lungs and I ran with the fully working lungs for the first time in weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment